Occassionally somebody will ask me "what _ do you use". This is the page I point them to. It also helps me look back and see how my tools have evolved.
Hardware & Desk
- 💻 MacBook Pro 15-inch (2016) - I don't have much use for the Touch Bar, and the keyboard is plagued by issues, but it's hooked up to a display most of the time.
- 🍑 Herman Miller Aeron Chair - This is my chair. There are many like it but this one is mine.
- 👨🏼💻 Herman Miller Renew Sit-to-Stand Desk - I have this one in walnut. Standing is a good idea when you remember to do it.
- 🖥 LG Ultrafine 27-inch 5K Display - Not a bad display, but not super great looking. Next one will probably the 34-inch Ultrawide.
- 💧 Rain Design mStand - A perfect perch for my MacBook.
- ⌨️ VSCode
- ⚡️ Hyper - My favourite terminal, with some plugins. I use ZSH.
- 🎡 Local - If I'm working on a Wordpress site, I use Local to run it... locally.
- 😴 Insomnia (also Paw) - For HTTP requests. I'm in the midst of evaluating Insomnia as I've been using Paw for some time.
- 🔢 Numi - A running feed of my calculator. Probably one of my favourite apps.
- 🔑 1Password - Keeping me sane amongst all these generated passwords. Also manages 2FA for everything.
- 🧲 Magnet - I love using Magnet for window management.
- 🌎 NordVPN - My VPN of choice. Invaluable in airports and coffee shops.